Consorzio per Valutazioni Biologiche e Farmacologiche (CVBF) arises from the rapid evolution of the pharmaceutical system in Europe with the establishment of the European Medicines Agency (EMA), in the light of the scientific and regulatory complexity that has accompanied this process, and from the lack of reference institutions in Italy. CVBF integrates activities addressed to the public and private sectors through engagement with national and European authorities, public and private institutions of health and clinical research, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare professionals, patients and associations.
The institutional aims of CVBF are:
- to support the integration of the Italian pharmaceutical system in Europe
- to encourage the development of innovative products for the treatment of rare and/or paediatric diseases
- to support the rational use of medicinal products according to the current legislation
- to promote knowledge and access to the results of biomedical research and accelerate their use by patients
- to coordinate and participate in National and European research projects
- to promote cooperation between the scientific, regulatory and production sectors within specific research paths
- to promote educational activities, in particular providing educational contribution in the field of the continuing education programmes (CME)
All CVBF activities are carried out in partnership with the current associate members (Università degli Studi di Bari ‘Aldo Moro’, Fondazione per la Ricerca Farmacologica Gianni Benzi Onlus, Gruppo Italiano per gli Studi di Farmacoeconomia, PHArmaceutical Research Management Srl and Bioikòs Farma Srl) and with public and private research institutions, in particular with the Università degli Studi di Pavia, of which it supports the School of Specialisation in Regulatory Disciplines (today Second level Master) since its establishment.