Consorzio per Valutazioni Biologiche e Farmacologiche (CVBF) arises with the mission to perform research and education in the pharmaceutical field integrating regulatory, clinical, epidemiological, economical, methodological and statistical expertise. CVBF integrates activities addressed to the public and private sectors through engagement with national and European authorities, public and private institutions of health and clinical research, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare professionals, patients and associations.
The institutional aims of CVBF are:
- promote the integration of the European pharmaceutical system by developing knowledge and re- search methodologies adequate to support the complex procedures to be followed for the development of drugs
- harness efficiency and delivery of research activities and services strengthening collaboration within the scientific community
- support the development of innovative therapies and drugs for the treatment of rare and paediatric diseases
- enhance technology-driven paediatric research in drug discovery and early development phases to be translated into clinical research and paediatric use of medicines
- coordinate and participate in international and European research projects
- transfer the know-how for the conduct of clinical and scientific research consistent with the European standards to third Countries
- provide educational activities for health care professionals, regulators and patients
- push health authorities towards higher ethical and economic standards for a better implementation of care systems and allocation of resources
- translate knowledge and access to the results of biomedical research and accelerate their use by patients
All CVBF activities are carried out in partnership with the current associate members: the European Network of Excellence for Paediatric Clinical Research (TEDDY), Mediterranea Associazione per lo Sviluppo Locale, ‘Gianni Benzi’ Pharmacological Research Foundation and the University of Bari “Aldo Moro”.