TEDDY – European Network of Excellence for Paediatric Clinical Research announces the General Assembly entitled “A new phase for paediatric clinical research: a play role for TEDDY?”, that will be held on January 14th, 2018 at Hotel Ripa in Via degli Orti di Trastevere, 3 Rome – Italy.
At the end of the 5-years funding period, the TEDDY Network was further renewed continuing to provide its contribution on a voluntary basis with valuable and internationally recognised efforts offered by its members’ resources, with many partners collaborating on a case by case basis. To consolidate the work carried out up to date as well as to expand the future perspective of the Network, its Boards have taken the initiative to provide TEDDY with an autonomous legal status to valorise the results and continue the activities of TEDDY also in its role of category 1 Network Member of Enpr-EMA (the European Network of Paediatric Research at the European Medicines Agency). A new Statute has also been prepared, allowing the adhesion of natural and legal persons within two categories of members: Ordinaries (they are the natural persons who contribute individually) or Supporters (they are the legal entities that support the activities of the network).
Moreover, some operating groups have been improved and/or created:
• Standard Operating Procedures for the conduct of paediatric clinical trials;
• Ethic Issues and interactions with Ethic Committees;
• Off-label medicines use in paediatrics;
• Regulatory procedures for paediatric clinical trials;
• Inventory of clinical sites and facilities for clinical trial feasibility;
• Active engagement of children and adolescents in the themes of clinical research;
• Advanced therapies in paediatrics.
Join the network to give your contribution by filling in the association form here and send back to [email protected].
The meeting entitled “A new phase for paediatric clinical research: a play role for TEDDY?”, that will be held in January 14th, 2018 in Rome, is intended to discuss the future perspectives of TEDDY with the view of a Network having legal personality and to talk about the following topics:
• share ideas and plans for the future activities of the TEDDY Network,
• consolidate groups involved in specific paediatric clinical research topics,
• identify the way in which TEDDY could further serve in disseminating principles and good practices to promote paediatric research.
At this link you can find the meeting agenda.
Registrations are available at the dedicated page.